Thursday, February 16, 2006

Little Buddha


I can recommend you a two days meditation retreat at Wat Khao Sukim. Probably even better if you stay longer. You’ll get a good room, great chats with the monks and fantastic meals from the nuns. And like every buddhist temple, they wont let you pay anything – but you’re welcome to drop a contribution in one of the collect-boxes.

At Wat Sukim, perched on top of a mountain, they’re now building what is to become the biggest pagoda in Thailand. The nuns of the temple take turns in spending the night at the concrete foundation, praying and meditating. I spent one night with them there, watching them walking back and forth in meditation like serene, white ghosts. I slept soundly on the concrete under my moskito net and woke up to the rising sun. Not a bad moment at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Birgitta Kjellner said...

I´m understand! Roligt att läsa din blogg. Kram mor

18 February, 2006 19:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home